Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome to OCL Chat! Please introduce yourself here to other visitors. Let’s get to know each other!

Hello everyone, I am Suruchi Dhungana from Nepal. I am a Community Business Analytics at OpenMRS.

3 Likes

Hello! I am Andrew (Andy) Kanter from Chicago, USA. I direct the Columbia International eHealth Lab which maintains the CIEL terminology published on OCL.

3 Likes

Hi! I am Sunny Aggarwal from Delhi NCR, India. I am a developer with OCL.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Grace Potma from Vancouver, Canada. I am Director of Product at OpenMRS, and have been in healthcare software product management for ~7yrs now. Before this I was an Emergency-specialized Registered Nurse. I have experience leading concept-related initiatives, Clinical Informatics teams of doctors and nurses, complex decision support systems, and leveraging FHIR.

I believe medical terminology is a hugely under-appreciated secret key to unlocking huge value for patients and clinicians, in realms like:

• Analytics & research
  • Decision support
  • Early warning systems
  • Data exchange across mission-critical systems, e.g. EMR ↔ Labs, EMR ↔ National Disease Monitoring

Happy to be here to help.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Joe Amlung, and I do technical advising work with the Regenstrief Institute. I am also a community lead with OCL! My main focus is on making it as easy as possible to get started with terminology and integrate that into health systems.

I love to help people get started with using OCL, so please feel free to reach out via email (jamlung@regenstrief.org), Slack, @ me on an OCL Discourse post, or even get on my calendar - Calendly - Joseph Amlung

1 Like

Hi there! Name is Paul Biondich, and I’ve been doing work in the global health space for quite a while now. Helped to establish projects like OpenMRS, OpenHIE, and OHDSI, and am an ardent supporter of OCL on multiple levels.

I believe in this team and what it’s doing for the world, and want to do everything in my power to support this work. :). Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Burke Mamlin. I live in Indianapolis, IN USA and work at Regenstrief Institute and Indiana University School of Medicine. I’m a co-founder of OpenMRS and have been actively involved in OCL, especially at the intersection of OpenMRS and OCL.

Creating and using clinical data in electronic medical record systems can be complicated and overwhelming. I strongly believe tools and communities that help people model their medical content in ways that promote usability, re-usability, and translation of tooling & features across systems will not only help people managing clinical systems, but also improve the care provided to people around the world. In the end, we’re all in this together!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Jon Payne, and I’m thrilled to be part of a growing OCL community. I’m one of the founders of OCL, and serve as a project lead. Please feel free to reach out and look forward to connecting!

Greetings Everyone.
I am Kenneth Ochieng from Kenya and currently working at IntelliSOFT Consulting Ltd. I am a regular consumer of OCL and look forward to engaging with the different community members at different levels.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Paul Adams, a designer and researcher focussed mainly designing the interfaces OCL users interact with.

It’s really exciting to be working so closely with the terminology community to improve important tooling for terminologists, content managers and publishers!

Please do reach out with any feedback or comments that you would like to send my way.

1 Like

Greetings,
I am Gay Dolin from Oregon (USA) I am a long time HL7 standards developer and previous NICU Nurse. Currently working with Jon and Joe to figure out next steps in our HL7 collaberation. (and currently playing with the OCL functionality)

1 Like

Hello, I’m Edison a new enthusiastic developer with OpenMRS interested in working and learning of OcL concepts

1 Like

Welcome @edison! Anything specific you’re interested in learning about with OCL?

1 Like

so fresh in the OCL need to understand much of how it can be used…

Greetings to all!
I’m Kevin Ngari, a Business Analyst, Researcher and currently the Technical Lead implementing the Kenya National Health Terminology Service that is based of OCL.

I’m excited to join this community to learn from others and share my experiences in implementing a National Terminology Service and also have discussions around enhancements that maybe beneficial to users who intend to use OCL as a National Terminology Service.

I’m always open to connecting with like-minded individuals, so feel free to message me or tag me in discussions

Thank you

1 Like